How to Rock Summer Tops in the Fall featuring Beautyberry Boutique
I live in colorful, flowy, graphic tops in the summertime, but hate retiring them when the leaves start to fall. These tips will help transition your favorite summer pieces into the cooler months!
- LAYERS, LAYERS, LAYERS. The more the better! Sometimes all it takes is a cute jacket, other times you can throw a long sleeve underneath, a sweater on top, and bundle a scarf, too, to really achieve that cozy look. My neutral duster (similar) is from Anthropology and my leather jacket is from Hollister.
- Scarves are a great way to tone down colorful pieces or add color to neutral ones. I love investing in patterned, plain, thick, thin, blanket and everything-in-between scarves. I tie them to bags or in my hair as a fun incorporation, too.
- Almost ANY color can be transitional, don’t be intimidated to wear brights when it’s cold! It’s all about how you wear it.
- Your bag can make the difference. I stick to smaller, versatile clutches and crossbody bags in the summer and trade them out for large, darker ones in the fall. Both of my bags and my wallet are from SoHo Fashion Exchange.
- Though distressed jeans are SO cute in the fall, I personally prefer them with cozy sweaters, so I kept my Rag and Bone pair dark and solid and let the top stand out. I love cargo-style pants and army green is so neutral.
- Booties. Need I say more? Shop some of my favs here.
How do you “fall-up” your summer wardrobe? Let me know below!