I’ve done some research to find you the best sales, items, and what I will be picking up this year ALL IN ONE PLACE!
Wishing everyone happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones today!
BLACK FRIDAY – WORTH THE TRAFFIC AND CROWDS?
For the following retailers, YES!
KOHL’S: TONS of items receiving Kohl’s Cash or a gift card, on top of discounted items.
MACY’S: While there are hundreds of incredible online deals, Macy’s will have dozens of in-store ONLY doorbusters this year.
NORDSTROM RACK: Extra 30% off clearance! There are lots of items still available online, but the stores always have some awesome overlooked pieces. One of my favorite places to shop – will definitely be heading here Black Friday!
NORDSTROM: Extra 20% off sale – same rule of thumb applies as the Rack.
STAY IN YOUR PJS – SHOP ONLINE
These savings are better from the comfort of your home. Most sales start today and go through Monday.
HAUTELOOK: Nordstrom Rack’s exclusively-online sister has adorable pieces on sale for the season. See the next section for what is already in my cart.
J.CREW: Maybe I’m biased because I would rather not roam the mall but stay in a department store, I would shop their 40% everything (really, no exclusions) sale from bed.
EXPRESS: Again, some bias, but I always find better variety and sizing online than in the store. 50% sitewide.
AMAZON: Need I explain? One of the leading online-only sites for Black Friday savings, including Amazon Fashion.
SHOPBOP: Up to 75% off sale, 30% off full-priced items!
MY MUST HAVE PIECES!
If I haven’t already ordered these, I will be tomorrow. Shop directly by clicking the item.
Those are my top picks and tips for the Black Friday shopping season!
Let me know your favorite retailer, happy shopping!
Office wear is making a comeback in a big way. Blouses are a major staple in my wardrobe, so I love layering and accessorizing them when the temperatures start to drop. Here are some ways to make your office clothing more playful outside the office.
Whether it be a flattering, tailored blazer or a cropped sweater, like I wore, layers to add or subtract to your blouse when altering your setting can bring together your look in a way that keeps you looking chic, not stale. Shop some of my favorites of the season below.
Mixing patterns in the right way (and OWNING it!) immediately makes an outfit more fun and fashionable. I tend to stick within a color scheme and mix patterns matching that so it doesn’t look like I got entirely dressed in the dark. Other rules of thumb I stick to: mix tight patterns with graphic (i.e. my pants vs. my blouse, respectively), linear with linear (to flatter, not hinder), and ~typically~ no more than three busy patterns in one outfit (as to not overwhelm the eye). But, remember, these are arbitrary rules of mine, tweak them to your style!
!!!! The most important part of ANY look, in my opinion! Jewelry, bags, shoes, and hats are going to amplify your look as soon as your strut out of that cubical. Trade in your briefcase for a crossbody, your kitten heels for badass booties, and drape yourself in jewels fit for a queen. Then, conquer.
My outfit: Blouse: A Byer (similar), Sweater: Zara (similar), Pants: Express, Boots: Express, Hat: Brixton, Purse: Gucci (similar)
I say this every year, and I hate it every time I do, but I am SO ready for fall! Pumpkin patches, halloween, cooler temps, and, best of all, cozy fashions. It was love at first sight with this camo utility jacket, so I decided I’d ode to fall a bit early.
I bought this jacket for a steal of $20 at my favorite consignment shop, SoHo Fashion Exchange, but it is originally from Gap and you can snag similar ones here, here, and here (with studs!). I let the jacket be the star by styling it simply with a black tank, some light wash mom-jeans with some detail (I love these and accidentally ordered a size too big, so they’re mom-like on me), a gold chain belt, and my awesome vintage Gucci — I also scored this at SoHo (for only $80!). This clutch is a similar, modern style. My shoes are look-alike Chanel espadrilles I’ve been living in this summer.
As for accessories, the hat is one I’ve been seeing on some of my favorite bloggers (Aimee Song, Negin Mirsalehi, Andy Csinger) in the last few weeks, so I decided to jump on the band wagon. Mine is wool from Brixton via Nordstrom, but this one is SO cute, half the price, AND comes in a pinstripe pattern. Thinking of ordering it, too. My earrings are awesome and under $5, and these glasses are a round and mirrored, but very flattering.
I am a summer lover, for sure, but I am super pumped to rock this jacket and tons more in the upcoming cooler months!
I bought this blouse last week and have already rocked it four times (and received TONS of compliments every time). Here’s why.
Jeans: Joe’s | Shoes: Steve Madden | Bag: Louis Vuitton | Bracelets: Victoria Emerson
- It’s ADORABLE. I first saw it on the gorgeous @simplyherfav and bought it immediately. I’m not exaggerating when I say I have never received more compliments on a single garment in my life.
- It’s SO flattering. No matter your body shape, size, or style, you can totally slay in this top. It’s billowy on purpose, not like you’re trying to hide something. But if you are, it hugs the right spots and hides the right ones, too.
- It’s well-made. One of my favorite affordable Nordstrom brands J.O.A. produces quality clothing without the sky-high “quality” price. I was pleasantly surprised when this piece arrived and the material was lined and much weightier than I had anticipated. I know this garment will last years.
- It’s on-trend, but classic. The off-the-shoulder look has been hot and cold the past few years, but made its most prominent impact this summer. I know it’s August now, but the weight of this top is absolutely transitional and the color is classic. Its sleeves also have enough interest to throw a structured or fur vest over it in the fall and winter and still look weather-appropriate.
- Last, but most certainly not least, IT’S AFFORDABLE! This baby is on SALE and still available in ALL SIZES! Under $50 for a high-quality, season-less, flattering, beautiful blouse is a must in my book (or blog). Buy it here!